Strength is Something That Miss While Working Out. While You Are Going to Gym, The Real Question is; Are You Strengthening Yourself?
The only ness that you need in today’s world – where unhealthy habits surround us from every angle is Fitness. The goodness of recurring exercise and eating healthy food to complement it can be called fitness. One thing that you must keep in your mind while planning any further is that patience and consistency would be required even at times when you can’t think of going any further. Fitness is a process and for it to show results you have to compromise on junk foods, a negative mentality, and a lazy attitude. But don’t worry, we know that sometimes your career demands your attention and there is not much physical activity that you can adhere to. So, today we are going to focus on two terms – Explosive Strength and Plyometric Exercises. Keeping these two terms in mind, let’s go!
What are Plyometric Exercises?
Exercises are of different types and have different frequencies. Just like a form of exercise – Plyometric exercises focus on speed and force rather than focusing on form and weights that conventional exercises always do.
Plyometric exercises focus on building up your core explosive strength with exercise that focuses on mobility, flexibility, and muscle power. This method generally requires lesser time than the conventional method and increases your utilization of force. Not exactly with gyming but it can be associated with powerlifting.
If you do want to exceed in some sport that need a high amount of energy, Plyometric exercises can be your way of training as they can make your muscles; full of explosive strength. The body might become more flexible and stability increases as a result.
Plyometric exercises focus on speed and force rather than focusing on form and weights that conventional exercises always do.
Most of you would be aware of what squat jumps are – but even if you don’t know, we are here to help. Firstly, choose footwear which provides an adequate cushion between your feet and the ground. How to do this exercise? Well, look right here -:
- Stand with your legs slightly open.
- Sit down in a squat position with your hands forming a single fist.
- Now, pump your abdomen and jump with explosive strength in the air.
- When landing; lower your back and repeat this whole process.
Choose footwear which provides an adequate cushion between your feet and the ground.
Lunge Knee-Ups (Reverse)
Lunge knee-ups are very good at aligning your body perfectly and eliminating any pain associated with your lower back. They’ll also help in improving the balance alongside and will provide rigid support to your knees. Let’s see how you can perform this exercise -:
- Lunge with your left leg forward.
- Now, place your right hand where your left foot is and extend your left arm backwards.
- Jump with all your force and lift your right knee as high as you can with your left arm up and your right arm down.
- After landing on the ground, come back into the same position and repeat the process.
Lunge knee-ups are very good at aligning your body perfectly and eliminating any pain associated with your lower back.
Lateral bounds are supposedly the best plyometric exercise if you do want to improve your jumping and increase your overall speed. It also improves your decisive power and makes you a better athlete. Hover your eyes below to know how to do this exercise -:
- Start by sitting in a squatting position and balance your body weight on your right leg.
- With all your force, jump in the opposite direction and land on your left leg.
- Now, jump in the opposite direction with all your force and land on your right foot.
- Repeat this process until your legs feel the pump.
Lateral bounds improve your decisive power and makes you a better athlete.
Also, one of the most popular exercises in the list, is one of the most commonly practised exercises too. But did you know that it was a Plyometric exercise? Well, now you do and burpees are popular for many good reasons.
Let’s take a look at how to do this exercise -:
- While standing, bend your legs into a squat position.
- Jump your feet in a plank position and come in a push-up form.
- Laying straight. Do one push up and with the help of your feet jump explosively high with your hands straight.
- Repeat the process for as long as you can.
Burpees is one of the most popular exercises in the list, is one of the most commonly practised exercises too.
Push-ups are the best way to strengthen your core and even your arms, elbows, and triceps. But we will not do the regular version of push-ups, instead, we will modify it a bit so that you get your daily dose of explosive strength. How to do it? That’s what we are here for -:
- Sit in a planking position.
- Open your arm up to the length of your shoulders.
- As you do your normal push up, lift both of your hands and clap in the air focusing on your core.
- Return to the same position for further rounds.
Push-ups are the best way to strengthen your core and even your arms, elbows, and triceps.