Not Only Full of Taste but Peruvian Dishes Are also Considered to Be One of The Healthiest. Don’t You Worry, We Have Got a Scrumptious Treat for Your Taste Buds Today!
AJI DE GALLINA
Coming all the way from Peru, a small country in Southern America is Aji De Gallina. As hard as its name is to pronounce, it’s not that difficult to prepare. Feeling excited already? Let’s dive deep into the world of this Peruvian delicacy and know how to make it!
- 4 Yellow Potatoes
- 4 Slices of White Bread
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 11/2 Pounds of Chicken Breast
- 4 Cups of Chicken Spot
- 3-4 Yellow Ají Peppers
- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion (Large)
- 3 Tbsp of Coarsely Chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Cups of White Rice (Chopped)
- 2 Boiled Eggs (Large)
- 10 Halved Black Olives
What Are You Eating?
Nutritional Value (Per 100g)
- Calories: 178 Kcal
- Protein: 11.7 gm
- Fats: 10.6 gm
- Carbohydrates: 8.7 gm
- Fibre: 1.1 gm
How To Make
- Pre-Heat a Cooking Pan with water and let the water boil for some time. Put potatoes inside the pan and let them boil too. Try piercing the potatoes with a fork, if it goes through, they are boiled enough.
- Let the potatoes cool down and then cut them into quarters. Now take the bread and in a separate bowl, pour some milk over it and let the bread soak into the milk.
- Now, take the chicken into a pot with the chicken stock and let it simmer at around 180-250o Barely cook it for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse and filter all the chicken stock into a separate bowl and let the chicken cool down a bit.
- Then cut the chicken into eatable bits and pieces.
- Now, take the yellow pepper and remove it from the stem. Mix the yellow pepper with vegetable oil in a blender until smooth.
- Take this mixture to a pan and cook with chopped onion and garlic. After cooking for 5-10 minutes, remove the mixture and let it cool down.
8. Now is the time to take the soaked bread, Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbsp of milk, and some chicken strains to go into the blender. Mix them thoroughly until the mixture is smooth.
9. Now do not remove the blender but add the previously cooked onion mixture and blend it again.
10. Put the mixture into a pan and add the reserved chicken stock. Stir it together thoroughly.
11. The mixture is now ready and add the pieces of chicken with it and cook it thoroughly until the paste becomes thick.
How To Serve
Serve one portion of Aji De Gallina with ½ cup of cooked rice and you can garnish it with some yellow potatoes, black olives, and boiled eggs. The dish is now ready, grab your spoons and Comiendo Feliz!