“I want to travel the world with you, go to every country, every city, take pictures and be happy.” Is the quote you must have heard many times and who knows?
Maybe you have used it many a-times too. But this eternal feeling of travelling with your partner is something different and a whole on another level. And what time is better than the month of love itself? Well, today we have chosen a place that will make you feel out of this world. The Maldives is what we are talking about here. Located in the Indian ocean and in the southwest of Sri Lanka and India, Maldives is a hidden paradise which you must visit during this month, but read some interesting facts that you need to know before going there!
This eternal feeling of travelling with your partner is something different and a whole on another level.
- The Maldives was formed due to the sinking of volcanoes around 60 million years ago. This has created various sand islands which are to be seen all across the region very clearly. Some also has developed a coating of reef and wildlife.
- If you are into determining how above are you from the sea level, then this would be an interesting one for you. The Maldives is the lowest country in the world in terms of its height from the sea level, which comes out to be around 1.5 meters.
- Suppose you are visiting your vacation spot and suddenly you have a sunstroke. Well, this can happen here too as the sunlight falls directly on you at a 90o angle. This phenomenon is called equatorial sunlight and you should consider buying some good quality sun cream and lotion.
Located in the Indian ocean and in the southwest of Sri Lanka and India, Maldives is a hidden paradise
- Do the Maldivian boats remind you of something? These boats are called Dhoni and look somewhat from the era of Pirates of the Caribbean. They indeed are inspired by the ancient Arabian sailing boats used in the 11th century.
- Are you fond of sharks and fish? Well, you are in luck in that case because the Maldives is the home of the World’s biggest fish sanctuaries located in the archipelago. Talking about fishes, it is also one of the few places where you can find sharks at any given point of the year.
- As you know that the Maldives is made up of different islands. But who many? The Maldives is made up of around 1200 islands in total. Only around 200 of these 1200 are populated and have people living on them and 800 are inhabitable due to wearing sands and changing climate conditions.