We have got you another fancy drink for a divine Saturday, which has officially become a drink day of the week. Relish away!
“Cocktails are like presents you give to yourself.” We have brought to you a ‘the best’ cocktail as a gift. You might have guessed by now it’s “Mai Tai.” An original Hawaiian drink that is now popular everywhere in the world is the ultimate cocktail to enjoy with friends or family. Mai Tai is a rum-based cocktail and is partially on the strong side. The drink was invented by Victor J Bergeron, who used just two ingredients, but now has evolved over the years. Effortless to make with simple ingredients, it’s the most desired cocktail ever. A fascinating fact about this cocktail is that it depleted the world’s rum supplies around the 1940s. Want an exemplary recipe of Mai Tai with some amusing tips? Well, we have got you covered. Read on!
- 2 oz. of Blended Rum
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz. Orange CuraÃ§ao
- 1/4 oz. Orgeat (drink made from orange flower water and blanched almonds)
- 1/4 oz. Sugar Syrup
Step 1: Add 12 oz. of crushed ice to a shaker.
Step 2: Pour Rum (your favorite brand), Fresh Lime Juice, Orange CuraÃ§ao, Orgeat and sugar syrup in the shaker.
Step 3: Shake until chilled and pour in an old fashioned glass.
Step 4: Garnish with lime shell and mint sprig.
Mai Tai looks pretty refreshing and gives those tropical vibes with just a lime shell and mint sprig.
- Orgeat is a difficult ingredient to find in-home bars, but is absolutely essential for Mai Tai’s.
- It is preferred you use dark rum for an astonishing taste.
- Make sure to not shake the lime half in the shaker, it can make the drink bitter.
- The drink should be shaken vigorously and not blended.
- Lime juice is a must when making Mai Tai’s as it adds sweetness to the drink which is super strong with dark rum and other ingredients.
- Lastly, make sure to not over decorate the glass, Mai Tai looks pretty refreshing and gives those tropical vibes with just a lime shell and mint sprig.