Indulge Your Taste Buds Into This Replication of Deliciousness and Discover The Irresistible Delight Of Pasta.
We all know how this weather makes us feel slothful. While doing anything feels like a task, a good plate of deliciousness always feels like the perfect dose of happiness. Satisfying flavours and comforting ingredients can always refresh one’s mood. And to save you from all the drudgery, we’re here this month with an easy-peasy recipe that will savour your taste buds. When cooking at home is as simple as mingling a few ingredients in a pot, there is really no reason not to!
Creamy Sausage Fettuccine
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound dried fettuccine pasta
• 2 ½ cups thick cream
• 12 ounces of spicy Italian sausage (remove the casings)
• 1 ½ cups thick homestyle traditional pasta sauce
• 4 minced cloves of garlic
• 2 cups of water
• A few leaves of fresh basil for flavour (thinly sliced)
• For taste, salt and freshly ground pepper
• Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano for garnishing
1. Take a large pot, over medium high heat. once the oil is heated, sauté the garlic until it’s nicely aromatic, for almost 1-2 minutes.
2. Next, add the sausage and cook until it’s cooked through or until golden brown. (You can check the tenderness of the sausage with the help of a wooden spoon.)
3. Once that sausage is done, add the pasta sauce, slices of basil, thick cream, salt and pepper according to taste and let it cook for a few minutes.
4. Time to add the fettuccine pasta along with some water. Cover everything and bring it to a nice boil.
5. To ensure that the pasta doesn’t stick to each other or the bottom, make sure to give it a good stir after the water starts to boil.
6. After that, turn the heat to a middle flame, cover it with a lid, and let the fettuccine cook for about 10 minutes. Don’t forget to stir the pasta in between till it is al dente.
7. Once the pasta is cooked through, you can remove the lid and let the sauce thicken to your preferred consistency.
8. Turn off the heat, and transfer the dish into a deep dish.
9. Springle with the star of the show, parmesan cheese, and some fresh basil leaves, and serve hot.