Don’t worry, cocktail calories don’t count. Invite your friends over and celebrate the discovery of this new Cocktail, El Presidente.
8 glasses of water a day seem impossible but when it comes to cocktails, 8 doesn’t look like a strange number anymore. We are bidding the summer season goodbye and winter is around the corner but cocktails aren’t going anywhere. Rum is the ideal ingredient for any winter cocktail and we have brought to you one underrated yet supremely delicious cocktail to try out this winter, El Presidente. It is a Spanish word that literally means The President. Well, we’ll give it to this cocktail for its sophistication and different taste from all the other Cuban cocktails. It does have some unique ingredients but comes out with the right amount of booze and fun. Mind you, this cocktail uses aged or golden rum and not regular white or dark rum. Other than Rum, another admired cocktails ingredient, Vermouth is a part of this absolute ‘Saturday Night’ cocktail. With a dash of fruitiness and flavors of rum, this drink enhances and does justice to all the elements in the drink. There are so many versions of making cocktails, but we bring out the best one for you to try and have crazy, drunk nights with friends. Drink wisely!
- Aged or Golden Rum
- Blanc Vermouth
- Orange Curaçao
- 1 Maraschino or Luxardo cherry
- Take a cocktail mixing glass and fill the two-thirds with ice.
- Add all the ingredients, Aged Rum, Blanc vermouth, Orange Curaçao, Grenadine in the cocktail mixing glass and ‘stir’ for about 15 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail in a chilled coupe glass.
- Decorate it with Luxardo Cherry to give it a Manhattan vibe. You can also add an orange peel twist to the glass.
Bartending at Home, we have got your back with some Tips:
- While making cocktails choose premium spirits.
- Pay attention to when to stir or shake the cocktail in the mixer. Make sure to not shake while making El Presidente.
- If you have time while making cocktails at home, try using fresh juices instead of the readymade.
- Balance your cocktails for delicious results and heaven in every sip.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment, even if unintentional you can end up making a new cocktail for fun nights with friends.